How To Choose A Safer Body Wash That Is Kind To Your Family & Kids
Your skin is one of the most important and largest body organs that packages all your flesh and innards, keeping you warm when you’re cold and cool when you’re hot. It’s also a sensory tool that lets you feel upon touch while its condition could also reflect your inner health and act as an indicator when germs or infection attacks the body.
Those born with thinner and more delicate skin barrier, can be easily irritated and sensitive to today’s polluted environment, exposure to chemicals, heat, cold, allergens or pets. The skin could easily deteriorate, affecting skin immunity which leads to rashes or other skin problems.
The very first basic step in achieving good skin hygiene is to keep hands and body clean frequently by washing ourselves. It’s important to note that anything you apply or use on your skin gets absorbed into your body and some of it will make it to your bloodstream and then channeled to the rest of your body.
Trouble is, most commercially available body wash contains chemicals that can irritate your skin and cause more problems as you continue to use them. You’re basically applying chemicals all over your body that can cause you serious harm. Moreover, they are generically formulated just to fulfill the role of basic, harsh cleansing without any nourishing elements.
Choices aplenty but which ones are safe?
So, if you’re trying to get a body wash that works for all your beauty needs besides being safe and gentle on your skin, it’s going to be a challenge to narrow down the choices with so many products in the market.
Thankfully, there are product alternatives to the chemical-laden ones. Sensibly selecting a body wash that is naturally formulated is the safest choice because you are using a product that is perfectly engineered by nature to work effectively to nourish your body and skin rather than pumping it full of chemicals and drying you out.
To save you precious time and hassle from comparing products on the shelves, here’s one new skin-friendly natural body wash packed with natural Manuka honey goodness that beautifies and help restore skin, combined with a natural germ-killing effect - Betadine® Natural Defense Body Wash.
Superior goodness for a beautifying boost
Enriched with triple goodness of Manuka Honey, Tea Tree Oil or Pomegranate, Betadine® Natural Defense Body Wash is dermatologically tested, pH-balanced and soap-free. In a nutshell, this body wash is gentle for soothing and hydrating the skin layer plus it will not strip away the skin’s natural oils.
The body wash is infused with the dynamic duo of Organic Aloe Vera and Vitamin E, that works naturally to help attain fair, glowing flawless skin.
- Organic Aloe Verahas been proven to be effective as a superb skin moisturizer, with healing properties for a variety of skin conditions, wounds, burns and infections.
- Vitamin E helps regenerate new skin cells, lighten brown spots or scar tissues and slows down premature ageing. A powerhouse of antioxidants efficient to fight free radicals.
- Manuka Honey is renowned for its healing and antimicrobial effects applied to skin surface suffering from wounds, burns or rashes.
- Tea Tree Oil is used for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties to treat skin infections and healing wounds.
- Pomegranate is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C that promotes cellular regeneration and to combat skin inflammation, eczema, breakouts and dark spots.
Free of 8 undesirable chemicals
Betadine is the only producer in the market that is free of 8 undesirable chemicals. Some of these chemicals are banned from cosmetics, soap and body care products in certain countries, therefore, you wouldn’t want to expose your family to these damaging elements by using a body wash product containing these substances.
Skin effects from prolonged use of these 8 undesirable chemicals
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate - severe irritation and corrosion.
- Triclosan - weakening of the immune system.
- Parabens - hormonal hazards.
- Formaldehyde - allergic contact dermatitis.
- Methylisothiazolinone - hives and eczema.
- Dioxane – irritant with possible carcinogenic effects.
- Butylated Hydroxytoluene – dermatitis with possible carcinogenic effects.
- Triclocarban - allergies and increased antibiotics resistance.
With Betadine® Natural Defense Body Wash, you can be rest assured that it does not contain those dreaded 8 harmful chemicals found in most body wash products – giving you a safer option in protecting your family.
Curbing infection amongst family members
We probably use our hands every single minute when we’re awake. Imagine the bacteria accumulated when we touch, pet or pick something up. Unclean hands are mainly the culprit of contamination and why germs are spreading around to others. To avoid getting sick, encourage everyone in your family to regularly wash hands.
Containing the same gentle formulation, the Betadine® Natural Defense Hand Wash is also free from the 8 undesirable chemicals. Possessing potent antimicrobial effects derived from natural ingredients of Manuka honey and tea tree oil, that naturally eliminates 99.99% of germs – you can place the hand wash at sinks or wash bowls where all family members can benefit from its soft foaming properties enriched with organic Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for healthy looking skin.
Even while you’re on-the-go, you don’t need to miss out the benefits of the gentle hand wash formulation. Just pick up one Betadine® Natural Defense Hand Sanitizer and you’ll have a no-rinse hygiene solution while travelling.
Going natural for beautiful skin
Opting to use natural products can help you cut down the chemicals absorbed into your body and is one of the best ways to boost your skin health. You will notice that extra glow on your skin once you begin limiting your chemical exposure, so consider using Betadine® Natural Defense range of products for beautiful and healthy skin. Quickly drop by your nearest Watsons, Jaya Grocer stores and other leading pharmacies to get your family’s favourite selections.
Betadine® Natural Defense Range
- Body Wash comes in 3 variants – Manuka Honey, Tea Tree and Pomegranate.
- Hand Wash comes in 2 variants – Manuka Honey and Tea Tree.
- Hand Sanitizer comes with Manuka Honey.
Betadine, a trusted brand over 60 years, now expanding its expertise with Betadine® Natural Defense. Achieving personal hygiene with no compromise.